Copyright Information

Thank you for stopping by my blog! I hope you enjoy the things that I create and share! I do have a copyright on my original creations (see logo on my sidebar below).
If you create and post a creations based off of mine, please refer (with a link) back to my blog. Please do not use my ideas for files, profit or for contests. Thank you!



My Craft Goals for 2015

My Goals for 2015:

1. Update my goals for 2016 in January of 2016 :)
2. Maximize my crafting time!
3. Keep plugging away at scrapbooking photos!!
4. Learn how to Heat Press!!
5. Have fun!


Monday, May 11, 2015

Wood Sign - Wedding Gift

Hello!!  May is a month of celebrations!!  Mother's Day, Graduation, Birthdays and Weddings.  

Today I am featured at Sheila's BLOG with one of my very favorite wedding gift ideas.  I made this for my friend to give as a gift.

I used my Silhouette Cameo to design my stencils.  I cut the heart, name, date and LOVE out of vinyl.  
I painted some turquoise chalk paint on my wood sign blank.  The sign is made from old fence boards.  I then used a stencil to paint the heart using a maroon paint.  I used my electric sander to distress the paint a bit.
Next, I placed the words and date where I wanted them using clear contact paper from the Dollar Tree and my Pampered Chef scraper. 
I slowly painted with white paint. 
As soon as I finished painting, I peeled vinyl right up.  Any imperfections are ok as I will sand and distress the sign again when the paint dries.
I love making personalized signs!

Thank you for having me on your blog today Sheila!!!

1 comment:

Charlotte C said...

You make it all seem so easy. Beautiful sign, and I'm sure I've seen this on Sheila's blog and commented there when you posted.