Copyright Information

Thank you for stopping by my blog! I hope you enjoy the things that I create and share! I do have a copyright on my original creations (see logo on my sidebar below).
If you create and post a creations based off of mine, please refer (with a link) back to my blog. Please do not use my ideas for files, profit or for contests. Thank you!



My Craft Goals for 2015

My Goals for 2015:

1. Update my goals for 2016 in January of 2016 :)
2. Maximize my crafting time!
3. Keep plugging away at scrapbooking photos!!
4. Learn how to Heat Press!!
5. Have fun!


Monday, November 17, 2014

Mickey Ornament (The Buckle Boutique)

***This was scheduled for  November 10th but blogger did not auto post when I was out of town!


Hello - I am featured today at The Buckle Boutique Blog with a Sparkly Christmas Ornament.  It is that time of year when crafty people start making holiday gift and home decor items!!!  I wanted an ornament to remember our Disney trip this year. 

I cut a Mickey Head out of a Resin Rhinestone Sticker Sheet from The Buckle Boutique.  I used my cricut and the Disney Font cartridge.  I put the sticker sheet face down on my cricut mat.  I tape all around it with clear packing tape just in case my mat is not sticky enough!!
I use the Deep Cut Blade set to 6 and Multi Cut set to 2. I slow down the speed to Medium, but sometimes the Gypsy has a mind of her own concerning the speed!!

Once I had the Mickey head cut, I gently popped it out and set it aside.

Next I opened my Silhouette Studio and used Waltograph font from my computer and curved the words and numbers to fit my ornament shape.

For a tutorial on this, you can go HERE.

Here is the vinyl after I cut it out and weeded it.  I used clear contact paper from the Dollar Tree to transfer the image to my flat round glass ornament.
This photo shows the sparkle of the Resin Rhinestones and the ribbon.
I can't wait to hang this on my Christmas tree!!

What are you creating for the holidays this year?


The Buckle Boutique's Link Listing
The Buckle Boutique's Website . . . click HERE
The Buckle Boutique Blog . . . . click HERE
Facebook Page . . . click HERE
Twitter Page . . . click HERE
Pinterest Page . . . click HERE


8 comments:

C'est La-Vie Designs Unlimited, LLC said...

I’m stopping by to give you some Bloggie Love! Cute ornament! I love this bling from the buckle boutique. I didn't know you cut it face down. Thanks for the tip.

La-Vie B.
Follow me at C’est La-Vie Designs Unlimited, LLC

C'est La-Vie Designs Unlimited, LLC said...

I'm sharing to pinterest.

La-Vie

Miranda said...

Your ornament is SUPER CUTE!!! I purchased some rhinestone sheets from them but haven't given it a try yet! You make is look super easy so I may go home tonight and try it! TFS
Miranda :) BL

Charlotte C said...

How strange. I commented earlier on your ornament over at Sheila's blog and it's not there anymore (the comment, that is.) Anyhow, I love it and I can probably do that b/c I have Buckle Boutique stuff here. Now I have to find the flat ornaments. And instead of WDW, I'll write the names. Thank you, Lori.

Colleen said...

Cute ornament. BL

Shawn Mosch said...

LOVE IT!!!!!

Shawn ~ The Buckle Boutique Design Team Coordinator
Crafty Chics Blog
and
MyCutSearch.com ~ Find your Cricut images FAST!

Haidee said...

yeah, that is pretty cool! tfs from BL group E

Lizzie Laine said...

How cool, looks great!