Copyright Information

Thank you for stopping by my blog! I hope you enjoy the things that I create and share! I do have a copyright on my original creations (see logo on my sidebar below).
If you create and post a creations based off of mine, please refer (with a link) back to my blog. Please do not use my ideas for files, profit or for contests. Thank you!



My Craft Goals for 2015

My Goals for 2015:

1. Update my goals for 2016 in January of 2016 :)
2. Maximize my crafting time!
3. Keep plugging away at scrapbooking photos!!
4. Learn how to Heat Press!!
5. Have fun!


Wednesday, April 2, 2014

Fun (Birthday Party) Layout for Let's Scrap

We have a new Sketch Challenge at Let's Scrap starting today!!  I am finishing my second term as a Design Team Member next month which means we have a DT Call going on right now!!!  Click the link above for more information!!

I created a layout of my niece's birthday party.  She invited her school friends and her cousins - I love how close my boys are to their cousins!!  I have thee boys (ages 24, 19 and 8) and three neices (ages 12, 12 and 8).  Sophie turned 12 and invited my youngest to her party.  We surprised her with the older two!!
I modified the sketch on the left for my layout - I moved the triangles to the other side of the pictures and added a flower instead of the triangles.  I moved the title to the second page.  I really love this 2-pager but I did not have enough pictures for both pages. 
The paper and chipboard are from Frosted Designs.  The paper is Glitz Design - love the bright colors!  I used stamp pad ink to color the flowers and "Fun" pink and the banner orange.

I cut SOPHIE out of vinyl using my cameo and adhered the letters to the banner.  I used glossy accents to adhere the chippies to the paper as well as the twine to the banner. 
After I adhered the flowers to the layout, I added orange stickles to the centers. 
It is hard to see, but I added a thin layer of stickles to the "Fun" for some sparkle! 
I added a journaling sticker to the bottom.

This layout ended up much better than I envisioned!!!  The pictures were pretty dark and I did not have any papers that matched the colors in the picture exactly - problem solved with this fun and colorful paper!!!

By the way - there is a great sale going on at Frosted Designs through April 6, 2014!


1 comment:

Karon said...

Fabulous LO and I love the colours and papers! TFS