Copyright Information

Thank you for stopping by my blog! I hope you enjoy the things that I create and share! I do have a copyright on my original creations (see logo on my sidebar below).
If you create and post a creations based off of mine, please refer (with a link) back to my blog. Please do not use my ideas for files, profit or for contests. Thank you!



My Craft Goals for 2015

My Goals for 2015:

1. Update my goals for 2016 in January of 2016 :)
2. Maximize my crafting time!
3. Keep plugging away at scrapbooking photos!!
4. Learn how to Heat Press!!
5. Have fun!


Monday, November 4, 2013

Baby Gift (Vinyl)


A friend of mine just had a baby girl.  She is one of my daycare moms and I am so excited to have a girl coming!!!  We are boy heavy over here!  I have been wanting to make one of these Baby Subway Art Frames for a while now.


I found this float frame at Michaels on sale.  I removed the pictures and used goo gone to get rid of the sticky residue from the tape that held the pictures on the glass as well as the price tag.  I never understood why they put sticky labels on glass!!!

The dimension of this frame is 6" x 12", but the inner glass measures 5.5" x 11.5".


I put a rectangle on my mat sized to 5.5" x 11.5".

I opened a new Layer (while leaving the rectangle visible) and started putting some words and numbers on my mat.  I typically try out a couple of different fonts before I find what I want.

I ended up using Nursery Rhyme for: Mackenzie, Marie, and It's a Girl.

I used Plantin' Schoolbook for:  7pounds 9 oz and 21.5 inches.

I used Martha Stewart Elegant Cake Art for:  October 9, 2013.

I used the settings 3-3-3 for a kiss cut for my vinyl (Speed 3, Pressure 3 and Blade Depth 3).


Here are my tips for creating you own Subway Art:

Play with several types and sizes of fonts
Look at Pinterest for different ideas
If you need a comma or period, sometimes you need to use the semi colan and hide the piece you don't need
If you don't have a float frame, hot glue the glass to the back of the frame
Cut with paper first - especially if you only have one piece of vinyl to work with!


I used Cricut Transfer Tape to transfer the vinyl onto the glass then assembled the frame.

I sometimes use clear contact paper from the dollar store instead of transfer tape as it is not as sticky as the regular contact paper.  If I used regular contact paper, I "dirty" it up first by sticking it on my jeans so it is not super sticky.




2 comments:

Charlotte C said...

This is beautiful. And I'm so glad you mentioned using cheap "contact" paper as transfer tape. I used painter's tape, but it was only small pieces for a pumpkin face. But I love what you've done here.

Karon said...

WOW, Lori, this is fabulous!!! TFS