Copyright Information

Thank you for stopping by my blog! I hope you enjoy the things that I create and share! I do have a copyright on my original creations (see logo on my sidebar below).
If you create and post a creations based off of mine, please refer (with a link) back to my blog. Please do not use my ideas for files, profit or for contests. Thank you!



My Craft Goals for 2015

My Goals for 2015:

1. Update my goals for 2016 in January of 2016 :)
2. Maximize my crafting time!
3. Keep plugging away at scrapbooking photos!!
4. Learn how to Heat Press!!
5. Have fun!


Saturday, June 15, 2013

Summer Party Blog Hop



Hello and welcome to the Summer Party Blog Hop!!  We were encouraged to share several projects from our party.  You should have come here from PAT.  If you found me first, please hop on over to the BEGINNING so you don't miss anything!!!

Here is a complete list of blogs in the hop in case you get lost along the way:


Every year we host a 4th of July BBQ and fireworks so it just made sense to share some of my decorations for the party this year!!


I made a fun banner to hang up on the front door.


I made a fun centerpiece for my entryway table.  I saw something similar on Pinterest and LOVED it as we are a baseball family!!!


I made a fun gift bag.



I also made some Photo Booth Props.  I have been having fun with these since Easter.  I am re-using some from Easter and Graduation, but did make a few 4th of July pieces.


The Banner:


I cut out the banner flags from the cricut cartridge Birthday Bash sized to 3.5 inches.  I did not save the file and did not remember to get a photo :(  I cut them out in red and blue cardstock.

The starburst came from the Silhouette store as a stacked set.  I sized them to 2.5 inches and cut them out of white cardstock.  I made several of these banners to share with my friends!


The USA also came from the Silhouette store and I cut them out at 2 inches.  I cut them out in red and blue cardstock.


I alternated red and blue and used some star ribbon to complete them.


This clear container was once filled with cheese balls (to my family's delight).  I bought them ONLY to create this project!!!  I filled them up with baseballs from our garage with minimal grumbling from the boys about wasting "perfectly good" baseballs....


The flags came from Michaels.


I was not sure which would look better, a solid star with 4th of July in blue, or just the 4th of July in red so I cut both!!


The stars came from CTMH Artiste and the big one is sized to 5 inches.  The smaller star is for another project.

4th of July is from Independence Day and sized to 4.41 and 2.29 inches.

I cut them out of red and blue vinyl.


I put the blue 4th of July on a piece of transfer tape....


and stuck it down on the star while it was still on the mat.


I used the transfer tape to put the star on the container.


I liked this as you can see it from a distance.


But, I also like this on the front when you are close up.  I kept one on each side and will probably rotate the container every time I walk by it!!


For this project, I cut out another star (from the baseball container project) in cardstock.  I placed it on a white kraft gift bag that I purchased at Michaels.  I used red spray paint and painted the bag.  I covered the handles with scrap paper.  Once it was dry enough to take the star off, this is what I ended up with.


Here is a close up.  I added blue glitter tulle to one of the handles.  I now have blue glitter EVERYWHERE even after I vacuumed!!!


I used the smaller star as a gift tag.


Here is one of my new props for the photo booth:


I love these word bubbles!!! 


The 4th of July, stars and fireworks came from the Silhouette store.


I cut these out of red cardstock.  I added some blue stars and fireworks (shown below) to create the word bubble.


The actual word bubble came from cricut.  It is from a digital CCR cut called Word Bubbles.  I sized it to 8.53 inches. 

 I cut it out of  white poster board.  I adhered the words, stars and fireworks to the bubble and taped a skinny dowel (mine are from Wilton) to the back.


I also cut these props from the Silhouette store in blue cardstock.


I drape a white sheet in a corner of my room and place the props near by.  I also leave my point and shoot camera and extra batteries near by to encourage the younger ones to have fun!!!


Here are some of my models:







I hope I inspired you to have a creative summer party!!!

Your next stop in the hop is ROBIN.

No comments: