Copyright Information

Thank you for stopping by my blog! I hope you enjoy the things that I create and share! I do have a copyright on my original creations (see logo on my sidebar below).
If you create and post a creations based off of mine, please refer (with a link) back to my blog. Please do not use my ideas for files, profit or for contests. Thank you!



My Craft Goals for 2015

My Goals for 2015:

1. Update my goals for 2016 in January of 2016 :)
2. Maximize my crafting time!
3. Keep plugging away at scrapbooking photos!!
4. Learn how to Heat Press!!
5. Have fun!


Friday, January 18, 2013

Elephant Gift Bag

This week at Frosted Designs, our theme is Give a Gift.  I used paper and a digi image from one of our sponsors - Cedar Chest Designs.

I printed out the elephant.  I was thinking it would look cute on a canvas but did not want to color the image in.  I printed out an 8x8 page in green with dots.  I am not super savy with digi images, so I put the elephant on my copy machine and ran the printed page through. 

I fussy cut the elephant out.  Later I learned how to size the images, but by then I really liked my polka dotted ellie!!!

I wanted to take the theme literally {Give a Gift} and thought about decorating a gift bag instead of making an actual gift.  I got a brown kraft gift bag and got started!

I needed some grass.  I found this grass border on Martha Stewart Season Art Cake.  I put three of them on my mat (sized to 1") and welded them together.


I cut the grass out in lime green cardstock.

I grabbed this K and Company paper from my stash and trimmed it to fit on the bag.  

I punched three circle "balloons" out of an old book page.  I inked them purple, green and pink.  I used my 5" Xyron to adhere them to my bag.

I used matching twine for the knot and balloon string.

I used a strip of tissue tape with birds on it from Michaels.

This bag would be perfect for a baby gift or a child's birthday gift!!

Be sure to join us at Frosted Designs with a Give a Gift item of your own!!


2 comments:

Ginger said...

You did an excellent job! I have to come back and check out some of your tutorials! Your work is amazing!

Barb Craft said...

This is sooooo cute! Love the way that elephant is holding the balloons!

barb :)