Copyright Information

Thank you for stopping by my blog! I hope you enjoy the things that I create and share! I do have a copyright on my original creations (see logo on my sidebar below).
If you create and post a creations based off of mine, please refer (with a link) back to my blog. Please do not use my ideas for files, profit or for contests. Thank you!



My Craft Goals for 2015

My Goals for 2015:

1. Update my goals for 2016 in January of 2016 :)
2. Maximize my crafting time!
3. Keep plugging away at scrapbooking photos!!
4. Learn how to Heat Press!!
5. Have fun!


Monday, August 13, 2012

AARG! Pirate Decor

Ahoy Mateys!!! Today I have a fun project to share over at the Bug Bytes!

Tanner switched his room from Disney/Pixar Cars to Pirates when he moved into his big brother's room.  We bought the bedding and big brother already had black curtains so we were set....well except for some wall decor.

These two canvases used to be blue with Mater and Lightning McQueen wall stickers on them.  I painted them red as well as another canvas I had left over from a different project.
I found these pirate images from Paper Doll Dress Up.  I cut out the pirate ship at 15.04w x 16.99h (or Real Size 14.40w x 11.11h) inches.

The hook is also from PPDU and is sized at 8.82w x 33.75h (or Real Size 7.89w x 3.92h) inches.

When cutting vinyl with my Expression, I set my machine to 3-3-3 for a kiss cut.  Blade Depth 3, Pressure 3 and Speed 3.  This time the blade did cut through the paper backing in some places.

He really liked this skull, so I cut it out at 7.40w x 8.73h inches.  The skull is also from PPDU.

Not pictured is the flag that I cut from PPDU at 5.05w x 16.05h (or Real Size 4.61w x 8.85h) inches.


I use my cricut Dental Tool to weed away the extra vinyl.



I use transfer tape to pull off the vinyl from the paper backing and place the vinyl images on the canvas.

I used the hook and flag on the square canvases.

I put the skull and cross bones on his closet door.

I hung the pirate ship over his bed.  The prate flag in this photo came from our last visit to Disney World when we took the Pirate and Pals Boat Ride at the Magic Kingdom.

Have a GRRRReat day, or else you will have to walk the plank!!!

Thanks Pam for having me-hearty over today!!

2 comments:

papillon digital design said...

Ahoy! That's such a cool project. I am sure your son loves his room all decorated up. TFS

Sheila aka SassyLady said...

Great project and so fun, I bet he just loves his room! TFS