Copyright Information

Thank you for stopping by my blog! I hope you enjoy the things that I create and share! I do have a copyright on my original creations (see logo on my sidebar below).
If you create and post a creations based off of mine, please refer (with a link) back to my blog. Please do not use my ideas for files, profit or for contests. Thank you!



My Craft Goals for 2015

My Goals for 2015:

1. Update my goals for 2016 in January of 2016 :)
2. Maximize my crafting time!
3. Keep plugging away at scrapbooking photos!!
4. Learn how to Heat Press!!
5. Have fun!


Friday, June 1, 2012

Father's Day Banner (Memories in Tyme)

If you are looking for the discount code and project from Pink By Design, go HERE!



Welcome to the Memories in Tyme blog hops - where you will find some seriously talented people who love to share their ideas with you! Our hop today and is anything relating to Dads - doesn’t matter if it is a layout, card, mini album, or decorating item, if it’s about DAD…it’ll be here!!! With Fathers Day around the corner - take the time to make Dad feel just as special as Mom feels on her special day - by making him something from your heart!

Now, if you just happened upon my blog, then please go back to the beginning which is at Lynda’s blog (http://memoriesintyme.com/). Besides, the beginning is always the best anyway!!!

Here is a complete list of blogs:

1.  Lynda J - http://memoriesintyme.com  

Let’s get started with the ideas:

I found my inspiration on Pinterest:

Here is a link to Brittany's blog post.

I started with my Gypsy.


I took this tie from Simply Charmed and sized it to 2.13 width x 6.00 height.

I unlocked the chain between the words Width and Height on my basic menu.  It is yellow when locked and white when unlocked.

In order to get two of each tie plus the top half at an angle, I arranged the ties two sets on each side.


Here are the ties cut out.

The second set I did with double sided paper.

I rearranged the ties on my mat and cut out this blue patterned paper....

and this green paper.

I opened another layer and used letters from Birthday Bash at 1.35 inches to put on the ties.

For the card, I used #1 dad sized to .88 inches.  You can see how I determined the size to fit the tie on my mat.

So my grand plan was to create a shadow for the letters.  Somehow I did not use the shadow feature, so I skipped the layer!!

This is what the tie looks like with the top at a 40% angle.

I also cut a shadow tie shape.  There is no shadow feature on Simply Charmed, so I had to create my own.  I sized the tie to 2.51 width x 6.59 height and cut them out of brown cardstock.

It is not exact but I was very happy with it!


Next I copied two ties onto a new layer.  I flipped one and welded it to the top of the second one.

Hint:  I flipped and welded BEFORE I rotated them.  The ends of the tie hung off the mat, but it was much easier to line up and weld properly!!

I cut out the tie card in the same brown cardstock as the shadow layer.

I scored and folded the card and adhered the tie on top.  I inked the ties with Vintage Photo ink.

I pop-dotted the letters on each tie and used twine to string the pieces together.





I had a lot of fun creating this banner and card!

Blog candy from Memories in Tyme…One lucky winner for June will receive a goodie pack for scrapbooking - in order to get in on the drawing, make sure to:
1. Be a follower of my blog!
2. For extra entries...follow me on Twitter and Facebook Fanpage - information is on my blog!
3. Please check out everyone's blogs and leave a comment on theirs...the more you do the more entries you will get!

Thank you for checking out my project, now follow the links below and remember to visit all the stops for MAXIMUM ideas and LOTS OF FUN!!! Next up on the hop is MISTY, make sure you check out her fun project!!!


10 comments:

Claire Spielman said...

Hi Lori, your post project is AWESOME!! WOW it looks like it was lots of work but I love the outcome. I'll have to try that one day so thanks for the inspiration..I also LOVE PINTEREST!
Creative Wishes,
Claire S.
www.scrapmyway.blogspot.com

scrappingmamma said...

oh my goodness , now this is full of cuteness <3 WOWzERS! i love this idea, Thank-you for sharing your crafty ideas with us today. Happy Scrapping my crafty friend..
scrappingmamma~

Misty said...

WOW! Now that is a fantastic banner! You did a great job!
Hummer Hugs,
Misty
http://deliteful-gifts.blogspot.com/
hummingbird204 at comcast dot net

Sheila aka SassyLady said...

What a cute banner, great colors and use of a cool shape. That cart continues to amaze me all the goodies it has on it. TFS

Patricia said...

What a great banner! It turned out great!!

Suzanne cricutcraftingrammyblogspot.com said...

Love the Father's day banner Lori. Hope your arm is feeling better.

Migdalia said...

This is too
Cute!!...LOL...Awesome.I love it!

CathyinMN said...

Such a fun banner! TFS!

Jenny said...

Oh, Ms Lori, you really are an a real "designer"! I enjoy your postings even if I'm not good at leaving comments! You are such a talented blogger! Thanks for sharing! :)

Pink Cricut said...

Oh my goodness--I love this banner!! So cute!!