Copyright Information

Thank you for stopping by my blog! I hope you enjoy the things that I create and share! I do have a copyright on my original creations (see logo on my sidebar below).
If you create and post a creations based off of mine, please refer (with a link) back to my blog. Please do not use my ideas for files, profit or for contests. Thank you!



My Craft Goals for 2015

My Goals for 2015:

1. Update my goals for 2016 in January of 2016 :)
2. Maximize my crafting time!
3. Keep plugging away at scrapbooking photos!!
4. Learn how to Heat Press!!
5. Have fun!


Friday, February 3, 2012

Twine or Ribbon Challenge

This week the Fabulous Friday Challenge at Frosted Designs is to use Twine or Ribbon on your project.  I saw a digital layout on Pinterest that gave me this idea.  I prefer actual paper and texture on my layouts.  Here is the page I was inspired by:
Here is a LINK to this project.  As you can see, my style is a bit different but the sketch is the same.

I started with some Christmas paper from my stash and gold cardstock.  I designed my layout on my Gypsy.  On the first Layer, I put a triangle from George on my mat.  I unlinked chain below the width and height and stretched my triangle to fit the page.  I sized it 5.00w x 11.50h.  I found the phrase Oh Christmas Tree from Winter Frolic and cut out both layers at 2.53 inches.  I intended on putting 2012 on my layout until I remembered that Christmas 2012 hasn't happened yet.....  I found the numbers from Designer Calendar.

On the next Layer, I put some jingle bells on the mat sized to 1.12 inches.  I used stars and hearts from George sized to 1.35 inches.  I cut out a sign post from Christmas at 2.88 inches, but did not use it.

I added our annual Christmas Tree Hunt photo of my boys.  One great sketch ~ two different looks.  Be sure to join us at Frosted Designs for our Twine or Ribbon Challenge this week!!

4 comments:

all the days of our life said...

Lori this turned out great. Love the little banner.

Anonymous said...

Great layout. I appreciate all the pictures and how you showed what your screen looks like with Gypsy running. Thank you! :-)

Sheila aka SassyLady said...

Great layout Lori. Love the detail on this page. TFS

GabyCreates.com said...

Great layout :Lori and wonderful job on the inspiration...I am a computer nerd but like you prefer paper and glue (I want to touch and feel)!