Copyright Information

Thank you for stopping by my blog! I hope you enjoy the things that I create and share! I do have a copyright on my original creations (see logo on my sidebar below).
If you create and post a creations based off of mine, please refer (with a link) back to my blog. Please do not use my ideas for files, profit or for contests. Thank you!



My Craft Goals for 2015

My Goals for 2015:

1. Update my goals for 2016 in January of 2016 :)
2. Maximize my crafting time!
3. Keep plugging away at scrapbooking photos!!
4. Learn how to Heat Press!!
5. Have fun!


Friday, March 4, 2011

Up, Up and Away {Frosted Designs Challenge}

This week's challenge at Frosted Designs is to use 3 pieces of patterned paper, 2 fonts and 1 tag.  I was inspired by a bird cage project I saw in Scrapbook Etc. magazine.

I started by cutting paper into 1" strips.  I punched a hole in one end and hooked them all together with a brad.

I fanned them out.

I took a 1 1/2" strip of paper and made a circle out of it for the bottom of the balloon.

I glued the ends of the balloon to the inside of the circle.  I started with one strip, then did the strip across from it and then the middle of the two sides.  On a clock, I did 12, 3, 6 & 9 o'clock.  Then I worked in the middle sections, overlapping a bit.

I was dying to use this in a project, and this seemed like a good time.  I took off the lid and covered the tin in scrapbook paper.
In order to make the strings to connect the balloon to the basket, I cut four 1/2" strips of white card stock (8 1/2 x 1/2).  Then I scored and folded the strips in half.

I glued them together and glued a light blue ribbon on one side.

I needed skewers on two sides in order to hold up the balloon.  I taped the paper strips to the sides of the basket.  On the smaller sides, I taped the skewers on the inside of the strips.

Here are my strings.  I glued them to the outside of the circle at the bottom of the balloon.  I then covered up the circle with my 3rd patterned paper cut at 1 1/2".

Then I cut out a couple from Shall We Dance? who appear to be giving a grand wave.  I cut off the ballerina's bun.  I used Cherry Lime Aid for "up up and away" and Opposites Attract for "Balloon Rides" which I glued on a tag.   
I made a little stand for the tag.
 
This was a fun little project that took on a life of its own!!  I am usually doing messy boy layouts!

8 comments:

Melissa said...

OMGoodness! This is brilliant! We have friends that just bought a hot air balloon and it would be so cute to make them one of these in their balloon colors! Love, love, love it!!!

Melissa

Summer said...

so cute, great idea!

Sheila aka SassyLady said...

How cute is that? Just adorable. Love it! TFS

Barb Craft said...

Lori... This is amazing!! You are so stinkin' creative! Not only did you show us a great project but you gave us a fabulous tutorial to go with it!! Absolutely fabulous!
barb :)

Audrey Frelx said...

Lori, I love your balloon!!! Fabulous job!!!

Unknown said...

This is really unique, thank you for sharing the tute as well

Amanda

all the days of our life said...

This is just tooooooooooo stinking cute. I LOVE the colors.

Ann said...

Adorable! I just love it!