Copyright Information

Thank you for stopping by my blog! I hope you enjoy the things that I create and share! I do have a copyright on my original creations (see logo on my sidebar below).
If you create and post a creations based off of mine, please refer (with a link) back to my blog. Please do not use my ideas for files, profit or for contests. Thank you!



My Craft Goals for 2015

My Goals for 2015:

1. Update my goals for 2016 in January of 2016 :)
2. Maximize my crafting time!
3. Keep plugging away at scrapbooking photos!!
4. Learn how to Heat Press!!
5. Have fun!


Saturday, November 20, 2010

Thankful Tag Challenge ~ Gypsy Chat

Each week there is a Gypsy Challenge on the Gypsy Chat section of the Cricut Message Board.  These challenges are designed to get us using some of the features of the Gypsy ~ this is wonderful for Gypsy users of all stages!

This week's challenge is:

Theme ~ Thanksgiving
Tag or Label ~ weld shapes to create
Buttons or brads
Thread or ribbon


The first thing I did was to weld 4 tags together side by side.  Once I welded the tags, I sized my project to be 11.5 inches wide.

I scored the tags where I welded them.  Then I scored and folded the bottom 1 1/2 inches.  This was my first attempt to sew the seams to make pockets ~ it is hard to see in this photo, but the lines were not very straight!

I tried again, but this time made the bottom fold 1".  I went back to the Gypsy and made smaller tags to put in the pockets.  I sized rectangles from George to 2 1/2" wide 3 1/4" tall.  I welded 4 circles to the top.

I inked this flower a little with brown ink.  I also inked the tags and pockets.  I had white thread in my machine, so I inked it brown so it blended in a bit.

Here is my sewing before I inked it!

I added a button inside the flower.  I strung ribbon through the holes.

Here is my tag folder all tied together.

And here it is opened up.  I am thankful for my Family, Friends, Health and Paper.  Yes, I have an addiction to paper.  I spent $25 on paper today after cleaning out my drawer yesterday.  Did I mention that my drawer broke under the weight of all my paper?!?

My name is Lori and I am addicted to paper!!!

6 comments:

Audrey Frelx said...

Lori, your tag card is just beautiful. Your thankfulness and love of family, friends, health and paper addiction really inspired you to do a great job on this one!!!

Hugs, sweetie!

TR said...

What a nice tag!
And the things you put you were thankful for.
hahahaha .... Paper. You are so cute.

TR

Jamie Lane Designs said...

Great project!

Summer said...

Great Job! Thanks for sharing you challenge!

Celeste B. said...

How beautiful! I absolutely love it!!! TFS! :)

Michele said...

I love this project, thanks for sharing!