Copyright Information

Thank you for stopping by my blog! I hope you enjoy the things that I create and share! I do have a copyright on my original creations (see logo on my sidebar below).
If you create and post a creations based off of mine, please refer (with a link) back to my blog. Please do not use my ideas for files, profit or for contests. Thank you!



My Craft Goals for 2015

My Goals for 2015:

1. Update my goals for 2016 in January of 2016 :)
2. Maximize my crafting time!
3. Keep plugging away at scrapbooking photos!!
4. Learn how to Heat Press!!
5. Have fun!


Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Grandpa's Boat



I followed the SOUS (Stuck On U Sketches) sketch from Friday for this layout. It also meets the requirements for the Practical Scrappers challenge of using patterned paper. Again, I found the sketch challenging for me as I need to "boy it down", but I am enjoying challenging myself and stepping out of my box!!

It is hard to see, but I wrote my journal around the circle.

This photo was taken last summer on our annual vacation in the Ozarks. I take a photo of my boys every year (since 1998) in my dad's boat. Technically, the boat now belongs to my brothers - but to me it will always be my dad's....

We have so many great memories from our annual Ozarks vacation!

8 comments:

Audrey Frelx said...

Lori, such a nice layout! The guys should be thrilled about it! Sketches are a challenge for me too, so I usually avoid them -- you did a great job!

I'll be seeing you!

Anonymous said...

Great job with the sketch! love how you arranged the papers...what a wonderful tradition of taking these photos! I love that.
Some sketches seem to go ok with me, others are bad! LOL! Guess thats why we call them a "challenge"!

Sandy said...

Hey Miss Lori...what a great take on the sketch...as the mom 2 4 boyssss I understand the boying it down...LOL....i'm such a flowery butterfly kinda girl....I love the story about you dad's boat and the traditional picture in it...wonderful....I love love love the layout and the elements you've added...so happy that you took part in the sketch this week...we love your inspiration and talent...btw...don't know where you go in the ozarks...but I'm in SE KS and we do Branson quite a bit...thanx for all the love on my TP album...can't wait to see yours!

Michele said...

Very nice layout, love the color choices!

Unknown said...

We stay at a resort (the same one we stayed in when we were kids) at Mile Marker 11 on the Lake of the Ozarks in Missouri - Lone Oak Pointe Resort. The lake has changed over the years, but the memories are precious!!

Sheila aka SassyLady said...

Great LO, I just love summer LO's and enjoying the water. TFS.

Sandi Clarkson said...

Thanks for joining us at SOUS .. this one is great!

Nanne said...

What a fab layout.. I'm so glad to see the sketch used in a masculine way.. That's always my biggest challenge, scrapping my boys!!..LOL
Thank you for playing along this week, hope to see you again soon.
hugs
Nanné